Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

He has a swolen ear lap ear looks clear he may have been

Hi he has a swolen ear lap ear looks clear he may have been stung
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buddy 8 yrs
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: Hes in good health otherwise

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 14 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

This is generally an aural hematoma, and it is most often caused by an ear infection. The dog gets an ear infection and then shakes his head, and then the shaking of the head causes capillaries in the ear flap to break and the ear flap fills up with blood. You will need to see a veterinarian to have this treated... there is not much you can do at home. This will heal eventually without treatment (over months) but the dog will be in pain and the ear will scar down and not look normal. So seeing a vet is your best option, the sooner the better. Good luck!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions or are not yet satisfied with my answer, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.