Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My border collie is very itchy, he has as pink tinged fur on

My border collie is very itchy, he has as pink tinged fur on his chest, belly and between his back legs. He has small brown scabs in these areas too. I have cut his fur short and bathed him once a week for 2 weeks with hibiscrub. It cleared for a few days but has returned
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: Hes 8 and no history of allergies
Assistant: What is the dog's name?
Customer: No bleeding. He's called Simba
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Simba?
Customer: No

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Could you send me a picture of the skin lesions you are describing? Also could you let me know which flea/parasite treatments you use for him and when they were last applied? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Chris, we've been using front line
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Last used approx 3 weeks ago
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Photo attached

Ok, the brown staining could be consistent with yeast overgrowth. I would continue to bathe with 2% chlorhexidine (hibiscrub) solution, malaseb or clorexyderm twice weekly for at least 4 weeks. I would also consider changing to a prescription flea treatment to reduce the risk of flea allergy dermatitis. An antihistamine such as piriton can be give (4mg twice daily). If still no response is seen then she will need a veterinary examination and possibly prescription treatment.

I hope that helps address your question?

Chris

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Amazing, thank you so much for your help ��

You're welcome. I hope she starts to feel more comfortable soon!