Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

My dog was in kennels Saturday and Sunday night, since she

My dog was in kennels Saturday and Sunday night, since she has been home she has had loose stools. And now tonight she has had really bad D and V it smells really foul. What could this be please
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Tikka and she is 2 and a half years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tikka?
Customer: She is due for her booster this week. And she is a highly anxious dog.

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. It is very common to see some stress diarrhea from boarding. If you can get out to the store you could pick up some Immodium and possibly a probiotic if there is a pet store near you. You could also do some boiled chicken and rice. I just don't know where you are located and what time it is where you are.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. I am in the U.K. and it's 1.30 in the morning.

Ok, bad timing for diarrhea..... that is always the way! Do you have anything for diarrhea at home? (human med)

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I don't. What about the being sick.

I believe it is all related. Unfortunately because of the time, you'll have to wait until the morning to get something for the upset stomach.

If she stops vomiting for a couple hours, you could do some Pepcid or similar. I am happy to get you a dose.

What does she weigh?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't know now because of how anxious she is she has lost weight and you can see her ribs she was a nice healthy weight until more recent.

May have lost a lot of water weight with the V and D. Estimate on weight?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She is due for her booster next week. I would have thought she was about13
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She had lost weight before the D and v

Alright well, if you can't get in to the vet ASAP, you could give Pepcid AC; half of a 10mg twice daily. If she can hold this down, you can get a probiotic at a local pet store. If the vomiting doesn't stop, you may have to get her in sooner.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thankyou I will take her in the morning.

Alright, hope she feels better soon. Try to get some sleep.