Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

After giving Alfie, my Shih Tzu Meloxaid for two weeks. 8 mg

After giving Alfie, my Shih Tzu Meloxaid for two weeks. 8 mg daily, his strained muscle has improved. Shall I continue for another two weeks or so in case his problem recurs or is this dangerous for his stomach? I do have a repeat prescription from my vet so I can obtain the medicine from the net.

Thank you for requesting me. I don't think you mean 8 mg; what does Alfie weigh? A Shih Tzu weighing 11 pounds would get 0.5 mg. Do you mean you are giving it to the "8" line on the syringe?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

That is an appropriate dose then, it is not 8 mg.

It is safe to use this medication daily, as long as he has good kidney function and is not vomiting.

Thanks for the great rating.