Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog is not responding he is lying with his eyes open but

Customer Question

My dog is not responding he is lying with his eyes open but not moving. His breathing doesn’t seem particularly laboured but this is very unusual behaviour
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Billy he is 12 and a Jack Russell
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Billy?
Customer: he is normally quite active and nervous but he is not moving or responding when we talk to him. He was sick earlier this evening and didn’t seem well
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 8 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.
I do apologise that your question was not answered more promptly. Different vets come online at different times and I have only just come online and seen your question so hope I can help.
Your description of what is going on sounds very serious indeed.
Has anything changed? How is Billy now?