Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

It's my sons dog she died on Monday early hours they had

It's my sons dog she died on Monday early hours they had taken her to the pdsa because she had not been eating or drinking they gave her some kind of injection and said she might not survive it they put her on a drip also they took bloods and scanned her tummy but nothing showed up so they sent her home a few hours later she had a seizure and died I don't understand why please can you help me
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tara she was 11
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tara?
Customer: She was fine about a week before this she had a problem with her eye swelling and drooping he took her to the vet and had been given meds its breaking my heart and my sons heart because she seemed to be healthy before all of this

I am so sorry to hear Tara passed away. My sincere condolences.

My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help with your questions.

Sadly, the only way to be sure of cause of death is an autopsy, and it sounds like that was not done. There are so many things that could make a dog not eat and drink, have seizures, and pass away. Do you happen to have a copy of the blood tests that were done?

This could have been low blood sugar, a brain tumor, liver disease, so many possibilities.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have them no but it was just so fast I think maybe a brain tumour she has been cremated but I'm just trying to get an answer for my son we weren't prepared for her to pass in that way it was just to quick we miss her so much but thanks it may help him

You are welcome. Please let me know if he has other question.

Thank you kindly for the great rating. How are you and your son doing?