Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cockapoo has just started vomiting, now liquid vomit - do

Customer Question

My cockapoo has just started vomiting , now liquid vomit - do I need to do anything?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No he eats butternut box meals - should I be worried or just rehydrate with diorolyte
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No he is otherwise healthy he had his first groom yesterday evening and was off his food last night
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 14 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 14 days ago.

This is likely a case of gastritis/gastroenteritis and diarrhoea may also develop. I would expect the vomiting to not persist for more than 12hours and diarrhoea for not more than 3 days. If this is not the case or he becomes lethargic, unable to keep any fluids down or blood is seen then a trip to the vets would be highly advisible. For now I would suggest withholding food until tomorrow morning and offering water or rehydration fluids little and often. You will probably find that he turns his nose up at dioralyte (it's not overly palatable) but plain water is fine for now.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help/advise. Feel free to message again if any other symptoms occur.

Chris

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 13 days ago.

Just checking how your dog is doing today?