Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

My dog is pregnant and isn't due till the last week of this

My dog is pregnant and isn't due till the last week of this month. She just started producing green discharge. Should I be worried?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pregnant?
Customer: Not really, she isn't stressed or anything and seems absolutely fine. Still eating and drinking.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
What breed are we? How old? How long pregnant ? Any underlying health problems?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
French bulldog, 2 years old and been pregnant for 6 weeks. No health issues.

Just some green discharge from the vulva recently? No change in eating or drinking?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Little last night and more today. No change in eating or drinking

Then I would just monitor this. This can be normal to happen from time to time. As long as we are eating and drinking well, not in any pain, have now foul smell to the area. We should be alright. We can keep this question open for like 5 days, if you want to monitor for a few days, and if anything changes write back to me here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is no smell at all. Do you think that's a sign of her losing a pup?

No I do not feel this is a bad sign. We have lots of hormonal changes that are occurring, this can cause more fluid to accumulate there and I have seen this many times over the years as just a normal part of the process, now if we start to have more blood, foul smell, not eating as well. Then those are more concerns to be more worried.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok great, Thank you so much for your advice.

Any other questions I can answer now for you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, nothing else is concerning me. Thank you

You are more than welcome. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. Dr Mike

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, you too