Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

She is 15 years old now her breathing is laboured she become

Customer Question

She is 15 years old now her breathing is laboured she become incontinent and has very loose stool and now fine it hard to cope with her needs and my husband s needs, my husband has a benign brain tumor and epilepsy and the tumor affects his short term memory so coping with both has become very hard on me, my dog is always going outside and then 5 minutes later she wants to go out again and my husband get cross with her, I just don't know what to do anymore it is taking it toll on me now I fine it hard to cope with both of them.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Honey
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Honey?
Customer: She all wanting food were she never did and she got a heart murmer and lot of lumps
Category: Dog
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 14 days ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better your case.

Any changes in eating, drinking, urinating, or defecating? Any underlying health problems? Any medications we are on?
Has any bloodwork or diagnostics been done prior to assess the underlying problems ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She has a heart murmur we had a stint of this 6 month ago she had blood test and urine tests and she had urine infection and liver emzime

Have we been slowly drinking more? Losing muscle mass? Harder time getting up and panting more?