Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 47 years of experience.
55012488

White Maltese 14 years old warts are bleeding, no, nothing

white Maltese 14 years old warts are bleeding
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these warts to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I hope the photos are ok

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

I see one photo. Are there more, please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried to send you further photos, for a couple of hours. Could you please give me your email address.

You can photos to***@******.***/ They can take up to 24 hours to get to me in that manner, however. Perhaps this will help: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-I-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

I received a photo revealing one of the sebaceous gland tumors - nodular sebaceous hyperplasia, sebaceous epithelioma, or sebaceous adenoma. They're all benign and so observation without treatment is reasonable. Surgical excision (laser ablation or cryosurgery) is usually curative for cosmetically unacceptable lesions or for lesions that bother your Maltese or you. These don't respond to conservative (medical) therapy. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The only question I have is how to stop the bleeding

To permanently stop the bleeding, you would need to have the bleeding tumor removed. To temporarily stop the bleeding you could use styptic powder found where pet supplies are sold. It's usually used to stop bleeding nails. See here: https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Care-Kwik-Styptic-Powder/dp/B0002H3RBU

Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry I cannot make a call - I do not have the extra funds - thanks for the help - cheers

You're quite welcome. I'll set a follow up for a week from now but please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.