Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a 19 month old border terrier, since yesterday he has

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a 19 month old border terrier, since yesterday he has become disinterested in anything going on , he is not eating or drinking just lying around,he is normally a happy wee dog playing with his “brother “ who is 5months old ,I kept him quiet last night, but no change this morning, he brought up phlegm yesterday morning and nothing since can you advise thank you
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 8 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 8 days ago.

Good morning, I am sorry to hear of this with Kip. Is he displaying any other symptoms other than those listed? Could you also check his gum colour for me? They should be nice and pink and moist to the touch.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Morning Chris,checked kips gums, they are dry ,and unfortunately they are black naturally but the small pink bits he has are pale ,he has eaten a small crust of toast,a morsel of scrambled egg this morning,
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 8 days ago.

OK. Pale and dry gums is a little concerning, if his general demeanour, appetite and fluid intake do not improve over the course of the day then it would be advisible to take him to your vets for a checkover, just to make sure that he is not becoming dehydrated or has something more concerning going on. He could be suffering from an upset stomach or even running a fever and a hands on examination will be required to help narrow this now.

I hope that helps? Please let me know if there is anything further I can do.

Chris