Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

Our dog ate 1.5 cubes of galaxy chocolate what should I do I

Our dog ate 1.5 cubes of galaxy chocolate what should I do I really can’t afford £120 on an emergency vet
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: he is a jackapoo and 7months old
Assistant: What is the dog's name?
Customer: presley
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Presley?
Customer: Nope he is bigger than both his mum and dad

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

How long ago was the ingestion, what type of chocolate (milk, dark, white), and the amount of weight ingested? Also how much does Presley weigh?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Milk chocolate 8g and he weight is 1stone 3
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He digested it about 15mins ago
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No phone call please I have no money
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need help where are you?????

I don't expect to see ill effects with this weight and ingestion. No need to induce vomiting. Typically chocolate toxicity symptoms peak at 4-6 hours so if you pass this mark without symptoms then he should be just fine but taking a few precautions tonight:

I am not set up to make phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you have online. The states/province I am licensed in do not allow me to communicate via phone calls, unless I have previously physically examined a pet. I could lose my license for doing so. If you would like I can opt out and see if there is another veterinarian that can take calls but you are not charged an additional fee until a veterinarian reaches out to you via telephone.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Refund the £16 then but what should I do?

Did you see my response: