Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

Our dog ate 1.5 cubes of galaxy chocolate what should I do I

Our dog ate 1.5 cubes of galaxy chocolate what should I do I really can’t afford £120 on an emergency vet
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: he is a jackapoo and 7months old
Assistant: What is the dog's name?
Customer: presley
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Presley?
Customer: Nope he is bigger than both his mum and dad

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

How long ago was the ingestion, what type of chocolate (milk, dark, white), and the amount of weight ingested? Also how much does Presley weigh?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Milk chocolate 8g and he weight is 1stone 3
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He digested it about 15mins ago
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No phone call please I have no money
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I need help where are you?????

I don't expect to see ill effects with this weight and ingestion. No need to induce vomiting. Typically chocolate toxicity symptoms peak at 4-6 hours so if you pass this mark without symptoms then he should be just fine but taking a few precautions tonight:

- No further meals today to allow the intestinal tract to rest
- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg per pound every 12 hours for 3 days
- Leash walks to help the chocolate pass more readily of >15 minutes
- Tomorrow bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken in small more frequent meals but waiting at least 12 hours after vomiting has subsided if there is this symptom

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know who else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am not set up to make phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you have online. The states/province I am licensed in do not allow me to communicate via phone calls, unless I have previously physically examined a pet. I could lose my license for doing so. If you would like I can opt out and see if there is another veterinarian that can take calls but you are not charged an additional fee until a veterinarian reaches out to you via telephone.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Refund the £16 then but what should I do?

Did you see my response: