Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

He is very lath argue and he is being sick Assistant: What

Customer Question

He is very lath argue and he is being sick
Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog America bulldog
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Bulldog?
Customer: He has woken himself up and has been sick twice he has not been eating in the past few days and is very tired and has been eating grass
Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Bulldog. What is the Bulldog's name and age?
Customer: MUTLEY IS HIS NAME AND HE IS A PROXIMITY 6TO8MONTHS OLD
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Bulldog?
Customer: HE IS NOT A ENGLISH BULLDOG HE IS A AMERICAN ONE I CAN NOT THINK OF THE PROPER NAME HE GETS HICUPS A LOT
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 14 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda. I do apologise that your question was not answered more promptly and hope that I can still be of help?
How is Mutley now?
Is he continuing to vomit?
Has he hed anything to eat or drink?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He is still very lathagic he has not been sick again he is still not eating and drinking
So this would be the third day of not eating? That is a huge concern in such a young dog as they can easily get dehydrated and develop low blood sugar.
Would you be able to check his gums to ensure that theh are pink and wet?
And to gently feel his abdomen to ensure it is soft and comfortable rather than tense and bloated?
Can you think of anything that he may have eaten which he shouldn't e.g. a toy, plastic, a sock, human food, a bone? Or any access to anything toxic e.g. house plants cleansing products, antifreeze etc?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
HIS GUMS ARE PINK AND HIS MOUTH IS A LITTLE BIT DRY HE IS FINE AT THE MOMENT BUT HE KEEPS ON GETTING HICUPS 5AND6 TIMES A DAY AM I TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE MATTER
Hiccups can occur with e.g. gastric reflux or excessive gas in the stomach. I wouldnt be too concerned about them but am worried about his hydration levels.
Given how long this has been going on for and his age, I do believe it would be best to have him examined by a vet today if possible.
They can give him a nose to tail check and assess his hydration levels and temperature. If they are concerned about his hydration ydrayon they can provide additional fluids. They could also give some anti-nausea and ant-acid medicine which should stop the hiccuping and improve his appetite.
If theh have any concerns, they may decide to run some diagnostic tests such as a blood test or an abdominal xray.
Bulldogs of his age are normally quite greedy so I suspect he is feeling very under the weather bless him.
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 12 days ago.

Hi there, how is Mutley getting on?

Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 8 days ago.

Hello, this is just Dr Linda checking in on Mutley for the final time as this question remains open and unrated. If you were satisfied with the response, please do not forget to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen so I may be compensated for my time. Even after rating, we can continue the conversation. Many thanks!