Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog went funny running around house all of a sudden

Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: All of a sudden she was running mad around the house
Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She doesn't appear to be in pain.
Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Poppy she is approx 14. Not sure exactly as she was a rescue
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Poppy?
Customer: No she is normally a happy wee dog. She is a ***** *****
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.
I'm sorry to hear this has happened.
What exactly did Poppy do? Did she collapse, did she go floppy or have a fit?
Does she currently have any medical issues or is she on any medicine?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No none of these just started barking and running around for over half an hour. She has calmed down now. I am wondering if it is the meat she had tonight as she doesn't eat dog food just sliced beef or chicken. The one she had tonight was from Aldi it's fist time having that one
Oh I see! Sorry I read your message as she 'went funny' while she was running around the house.
Is she completely back to normal; no panting, fast breathing or lameness?
While it's possible this was caused by food that would not be a common cause of this behaviour. However, if perhaps she is sensitive to one of the ingredients it may have caused her to feel uncomfortable/ bloated.
No other obvious trigger such as fireworks or a storm that may have upset her? Or perhaps barking dogs outside?
Or no insects like a spider or perhaps mice in the walls that may have triggered her?

I apologise that I am unable to make a phone call at this time. The website offers this automatically without my input. You wont be charged for it and I am happy to continue talking via chat if that's ok?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Cancel the call
Yes no problem, no call will be made.
If this event was a one off and she has settled now and is acting as normal I would not be too concerned.
There are many things that could have triggered this kind of behavour (as mentioned above).
If this were to be a regular occurrence or she had other signs such as barking for no reason, staring into space or pacing about, then we would want to look into things.
I would check her all over for e.g. any small bumps that could indicate an insect bite, or a source of pain such as an ingrown claw.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I hope they havent taken £16 from my card,
To be sure, do message customer services and I will do the same. However, I can confirm that no call was made and you should not be charged for it at all. If you mistakenly are, this will be refunded.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Very helpful with advice. Put my mind at rest
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I got the answers without a call
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Fine. All was redolved
Perfect, thank you for letting me know. Have a lovely night!