Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My 8 year old dog had a operation in October to remove 7

My 8 year old dog had a operation in October to remove 7 fatty lumps since then every time I go out she chews her bed. Today I was out for 1and half hours I got back and she has started tochew the bedding on my spare bed.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Trixie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Trixie?
Customer: I have spoken to my vet he says it is anxiety seperation

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is Ann and I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 14 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Yes, this is separation anxiety. What is your vet prescribing for this condition so far?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Npthing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry nothing

Try that for 2-3 weeks and if it does not help then we will need to try something stronger from your vet like Prozac or Xanax. But try that first because it is less invasive and helps a lot in most cases. That's where I would start. Good luck!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions or are not yet satisfied with my answer, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

You are so welcome! Please remember to rate my service so that I will receive compensation for assisting you today... bonuses/tips are appreciated. Good luck, and have a great rest of the day.