Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a small dog who has been up all night being sick and

I have a small dog who has been up all night being sick and pouring of blood from her bum
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: You
I have a small dog who has been up all night being sick and pouring of blood from her bum. Do you know what this could be
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She is bleeding from the bum a lot and being sick
JA: The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Just sickness to

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Good morning. This sounds like this could be a nasty case of haemorrhagic gastroenteritis. Causes could include viral or bacterial infection (there does seem to be a lot of infectious stomach bugs going around in dogs lately), dietary indescretion or other underlying metabolic disease.

She needs to be seen by her vet as soon as possible this morning for a full checkup, depending on her condition she may just need some medication to help her, or she may need admitting for test and fluid therapy (to go on a drip). I would contact your vet as soon as they open this morning to ask for an appointment.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. If I could just trouble you to help me by leaving me a rating using the stars at the top of the screen, it enables Just Answer to credit me for my time. If you need any further help please feel free to continue the conversation.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much

You're welcome. Please feel free to keep me updated.