Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have a problem with my puppy, he has 8 months and is a

Customer Question

Hi i have a problem with my puppy, he has 8 months and is a French bulldog . He has a week that all he is eat, after 1/2 hours vomit
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your puppy eat anything unusual?
Customer: So I try to change he’s food and I give royal cabin for mini puppy and some wet treats
JA: What is the puppy's name?
Customer: kikko
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kikko?
Customer: We came in England from 2 months so first I thought that is because he change the weather. He don’t have anything alse have all the vaccines and all
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 4 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda. I do apologise that your question was not answered more promptly and hope that I can still be of help.
Sorry to hear Kikko is not well.
To clarify , he has been vomiting after eating for the past week? Does this happen every time? Is the food digested when it comes out?
Has he been losing weight?
Any other symptoms e.g. lethargy, diarrhoea or coughing?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The food is entire,sometimes vomited mucus transparent, he seems sad,loose weight . No diarrhea and not coughing
If the food is not digested then this may be regurgitation rather than true vomiting. Weight loss is a big concern and tells us he is not getting enough calories/nutrients and there is certainly something amiss.
As it has come on quite suddenly, I would wonder if he may have an obstruction, perhaps caused by eating something he shouldnt have e.g. plastic, part of a toy or a bone.
The immediate worry is that he may be dehydrated. You can check his hydration by ensuring his gums are wet and pink. If not, he likely needs additional fluids,perhaps in the form of intravenous fluids by the vet.
Given what you have said, I would absolutely want him assesed by a vet at this stage and they may well want to run some bloods and a stomach xray or scan.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He have The gums Pink and wet
That's a good sign for now but if he continues to not be able to hold food down he will quickly become dehydrated and malnourished so it is important we address this quickly. If he had e.g. a stomach bug / infection we would have expected him to be better by now.
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 18 hours ago.

Hi! How is Kikko doing now?