Dr Maria
Dr Maria, Veterinarian
Experience:  Freelance Veterinary Surgeon
107806401

I am over 70 can I go out once a day to walk my dog

Hello, you are through Dr Maria, a veterinary surgeon.

Let me look into your question for you. I know this are difficult times!

Hello again!

the NHS will contact you next week with more specific guidelines. As for now, you can walk your dog once a day BUT as you are a high risk person, you should take strict measures for social distancing.

This means AT LEAST two meters from any person, and do not contact friends or relatives.

FROM GOV.UK:

Social distancing measures are steps you can take to reduce social interaction between people. This will help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).

They are to:

1. Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough
  2. Avoid non-essential use of public transport when possible
  3. Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces, noting that pubs, restaurants, leisure centres and similar venues are currently shut as infections spread easily in closed spaces where people gather together.
  4. Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
  5. Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services

Hope this helps!

Hello, Im just writing to make sure is all good with you and your pet?