Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc MVB
108243009

I think my dog may have eaten a peach, including the stone,

Customer Question

Hi, I think my dog may have eaten a peach, including the stone, about an hour ago, he is OK, i just need some advice please.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** a 6 month old lurcher, so he's a human trash can bless him.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shadow?
Customer: No hes fit and healthy.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Edele Grey replied 18 days ago.
Hello, you’re through to Dr Edele. I’m a vet working here in the UK. I see Shadow has gotten into something he shouldn’t have. Peach stones can get stuck in puppies intestines causing a blockage that requires surgery to remove them. They also contain hydrogen cyanide which is toxic to them so I advise you take him to your nearest Emergency veterinary clinic tonight where he can get a full exam and perhaps an X-ray to confirm that he did eat it. The vet May give him medication to induce vomiting (but this can be risky as peach stones are large and can cause more injury to the oesophagus(food pipe).