Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

2.5 yrs old, female mixed breed rescue dog. Vomiting in

2.5 yrs old , female mixed breed rescue dog . Vomiting in morning 2-3 times per week. Seems listless. Eating as normal.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Rescue from Cyprus. No vaccinations or annual vet check up this year due to lockdown.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear this. How long have these symptoms been going on for? What diet is she fed on? Any diarrhoea?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. She’s been vomiting for about 3 weeks but not every day. It’s green bile. No diarrhoea. She’s on a mix of Chappie tinned meat (bet recommendation) , Chappie biscuits and Lily’s organic meat.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Should say vet recommendation...

OK. It sounds like she may have an issue with chronic gastritis. This may settle with a course of gastrotective medication such omeprazole as prescribed by your vet.

It could also indicate a problem such as food intolerance or pancreatitis.

I would advise a veterinary checkup, some bloodwork and possibly a trial of gastroprotectants. It may also be necessary to initiate a dietary trial with a hydrolysed diet to rule out food intolerance.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I appreciate your help thank you. Will call vet and make appointment.

You're welcome.

If I could just trouble you to help me by leaving me a rating using the stars at the top of the screen. It enables Just Answer to credit me for my time. Many thanks.