BestFriendsVet
BestFriendsVet, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  In small animal practice since 2003
24117175

I have a 5 year old beagle that has become unwell she had

Hi, I have a 5 year old beagle that has become unwell she had some problems with weeing in the house for the past few months however we put that down to us moving to a new house and we tried to retrain her to ask to go out but this proved to be difficult, this last week its gotten worse she started with sickenss so we treated millie like she had a little sickness bug and we had good days with no sickness and bad days with lots and now she drinks water all the time but as soon as she drinks not long after I will find a huge patches of wee in the house, all she has done is sleep also it looks like she is losing loads of weight, please help.
Sam.
Hi, it's Dr. Vaino. I'm sorry to hear this. The first thing that comes to mind is sugar diabetes, although there are other possibilities.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Dr vaino, thank you for your response. She also has shakes like she is cold or scared if that help you any further how would the diabetes be treated ?
She just sounds generally ill. Diabetes is treated with insulin injections just like it is in people.
I would collect a urine sample, and bring it and her to the vet.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
her tail the past week has been right under her its hardly every pointing up like it normally is
Wow, yes. She definitely needs a vet visit. I'd get her in ASAP.
We can continue talking here for 14 days. I'm curious to hear how it works out, so please let me know.
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers, and it is the only way for me to receive any compensation from this website. Rating me now does not close your question; it stays open for 14 days and we can continue here until you are satisfied! Simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks~