Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

She hurt her back paw last week, but a couple of times she

Customer Question

She hurt her back paw last week, but a couple of times she has yelped. She has been running etc and even when I have touch and felt about the paw she doesn't whine, yelp or draw away from me. Does it mean she has sprained it or could it mean it's briken
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sophie
JA: How old is Sophie?
Customer: She turned 1 year in April
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?
Customer: No she seems to be doing good
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.

If she is walking and running on the affected leg then a fracture is very unlikely. Have you checked the paw for any obvious wounds, injuries or damage to her nails?