Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc MVB
108243009

My / Patterdale cross is 14 years old and he now trembles

My ***** ***** / Patterdale cross is 14 years old and he now trembles for no reason once he gets up the trembling stops
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your jack. What is the jack's name?
Customer: charlie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?
Customer: four weeks ago he had to have the stamp of his tail remove because it was infected

Apologies for the delay in your receiving a response to your query.

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK based vet.

Please ignore any requests for a phone call as the website sends these automatically.

I have some questions, to help me best advise you about Charlie.

Does Charlie tremble every time he's lying down or just sometimes?

Is Charlie behaving normally otherwise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he trembled sometimes he is quite normal by has gone completely dead and his eyesight has deteriorated
There are a few things that could be playing a role. It can be a sign of weakness, pain or neurological (nerve) degeneration that comes with old age. For the moment you can just monitor him but if he starts to show signs on walks or when standing then having your vet check him over and maybe giving him a trial course of pain medication may help.
Edele Grey, Dog Veterinarian
Experience: BSc MVB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will do as you have advised