Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Our spaniel had stones removed from her bladder on Monday.

Customer Question

Our spaniel had stones removed from her bladder on Monday. There were 20, just like a bag of marbles. She is having loxicom, cystaid and noroclav tablets. She lies in her bed all day, is eating very little and seems to be worse tonight. She's incontinent and I'm trying to get her to go out but when I do she just stands there or lies down and then doesn't come in. Seems wobbly on her legs. Should she be like this now? Or am I being a bit impatient in expecting her to be a bit more with it?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the spaniel's name and age?
Customer: Willow and she's 8, I think. She's 2nd hand but we've had her for 5yrs.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Willow?
Customer: She's a Sprocker, usually greedy and bouncy, but of course she has had this op.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am i not getting an answer?
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear this. I would expect her to be brighter and more comfortable at this point post surgery. Has she been back to the vets for a post operative check since the surgery?