Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Should you have you dog mated 2years 9month jacapoo been in

Should you have you dog mated 2years 9month jacapoo been in season shes trying to hump my daughters dog persistently

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Are you asking if she is a suitable age for breeding or how to stop her humping the other dog?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think i should have her mated its just i feel as i treat her like a baby she wont be able to cope
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her mother jsck russell has had 4 litters sukki been a pup from last litter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R u with me i am sorry but i am unable to call you i would appreciate your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will iou be answeri g my queries

Apologies for the delay.

So you are wanting to know if you think she will be able to cope with a pregnancy? Is she of a particularly nervous temprement would you say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very friendly but dosent like me carring big items sounds daft but is a bit nervous then like Laundry Rubbish ext
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If on her lead and im disposing of rubbish she backs away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plus her mother is also living with me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apart from this very outgoing loves to run does tend to stay in my bedroom alot of time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You must think im crazy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sukki sleeps under my bed till asround 3am then she will jump up on bed till we get up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is her just now came in living room
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry writing all this wasting your time im only on trial so i feel abused this

No not at all! Well from what you have described I would not necessarily see that as a reason not to breed her. However we must be mindful if whether breeding her is correct in other respects. Temprement of the dog is one consideration (dogs that are highly nervous, fearful or agressive towards people or other dogs probably so not be bred from), also her general state of health (no congenital abnormalities, hernia, undershort jaw, skin allergies etc). Finally there is the time and financial commitment from yourself to help raise the pups, find good homes for them and look after her and them if there are any problems (such as needed a c-section, which is rare but can happen). We also have to question why we are wanting to breed her, it offers not real benefit to herself and will put her body under some degree of physical and mental stress. If you don't think there is an issue with any of these things then I would see no other reason not to go ahead.

Good luck if you choose to go for it!

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help x