Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a 10 year old cross bred j/r yorkie,. She has quite

I have a 10 year old cross bred j/r yorkie,. She has quite bad issues with her stomach ( intestines distended ) has seen my local vet a few times and has various pain killers , she eats only AVA biscuits and wet food. This tummy pain usually happens every 8 to 10 weeks , I have been able to control it by using buscopan giving her 1 tablet . Today she is going through another episode and it seems to be bothering her much more , she will lay flat on the floor and then run around , she then will find her toys and all seems well but suddenly it appears the pain kicks in again and she is flat out. I gave her a buscapan at 8.30 this morning and another At 2 pm
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tilly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tilly?
Customer: She is usually well and very busy a small very playful little dog

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Sorry to hear this. Has she had any vomiting or diarrhoea? Is she on any medication other than buscopan?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No to d and v and no to medication , I usually visit my vet and he gives her a pain killer or an injection of something , sorry to be so vague. She lays flat on the floor and is obviously in pain, she will stay like that for about 30 mins or so then she gets up and starts playing with a ball !

It sounds like she is suffering from intermittent abdominal pain. If buscopan has not relieved it, she can have some pepto bismol or gaviscom 2ml twice daily, this may help a little but if signs persist then she will need to see your vet for further pain relief.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you .

You're welcome