Laura Henderson
Laura Henderson,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Robb Veterinary Clinic
63061945

Bobby is a board collie cross with a terrier. We know that

Hello! Bobby is a board collie cross with a terrier. We know that collies are prone to have gotta, but over the last few days bobby has been having more than usual and always being sick.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: Should we take him to see a vet as the fitt seem to be more severe
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: He is not hurt.
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bobby and 4 years old in two weeks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bobby?
Customer: bobby is a A rescue dog and what we know if that when he was younger he was left in a horse box before given to another family before we rescued him

Hello, I am Laura, one of the UK vets.

Poor Bobby, he had a rough start in life.

I presume he is having seizures? Is he on any medication for them at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Laura. Bobby has definitely has a rough start. He has had seizures before but they seem to of got worse over the last few days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plus sorry he is not on any medication

I think you're right in that if they are getting worse he should probably go see your regular vet.

Border collies are definitely prone to epilepsy so I can see a collie cross inheriting them. Generally we watch the seizures and don't start treatment unless they are having bad seizures or after-effects, or are having multiple seizures close together.

I would get him checked over - it may be that there is something else going on that is making the fits worse. If you could video one of his fits and bring it with you to your vet, it will really help your vet diagnose him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help. I will video his next one and then call our vet.

You are very welcome. I hope they are able to sort them out for him.

Laura