Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc MVB
108243009

My 10month old las Apso had very loose stools in the night

My 10month old las Apso had very loose stools in the night and this morning and it was a grey colour. She has been sick approximately 5 times the only way I can say it looked like porridge and now it's just bile. What can you advise.thank you mrs p griffiths and my dog is Molly.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Molly?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK based vet.

I'm unable to take calls right now, however, I'm happy to chat with you through this chat window if that suits you?

How is Molly behaving/feeling in herself?

Could Molly have eaten something she shouldn't have?

When did Molly last eat?

Is Molly able to hold down water?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sluggish and tail down. Not to my knowledge. Last night at 4pm . And yes she can hold her water
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No thank you

Apologies, the website sends requests for a phone call automatically, I can't control that, please ignore them.

Ok, as she's unhappy and continuing to vomit despite not having eaten in almost 24 hours she should go see your vet for a full check-up and feel of her tummy. She likely needs some anti-sickness medicine to make her feel better.

If you're unable to make an appointment for this afternoon, you can withhold food from her until she hasn't vomited for about 3 hours. Then she can be offered a tiny amount of bland food (boiled chicken and rice or scrambled egg (no milk) and sweet potato) and if she can hold that down she can have a little more an hour later. You could also give her some probiotic for her diarrhoea as her gut flora may be a little out of balance. Protexin's Prokolin is a good product for this.