Dr Maria
Dr Maria, Veterinarian
Experience:  Freelance Veterinary Surgeon
107806401

Recently my 12 year old has had gloopy sloppy poo but with

Recently my 12 year old bitch has had gloopy sloppy poo but with no obvious signs of blood. the poo starts quite normal then becomes gloopy. she does not seem in any pain and her appetite is good.she is still quite an active dog. i would appreciate your comments. thankyou
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bonnie?
Customer: last year bonnie had a problem with not eating or drinking for 36 hours. she went to the vets and after a lot of tests the only conclusion was a slight thickening of the bowel wall which could affect absorption of food going through the bowel. she is on vitamen b12

Hello, you are through Dr. Maria.

There could be many reasons for soft poos, especially in an older dog, but as she is doing well in any other respect, it might just be some dietary indiscretion and mild enteritis.

Usually, these symptoms tend to resolve well with a mix of diet (make half of her meal of white boiled rice to increase the consistency of the stools) and probiotics (you can buy prokaolin/fortiflora online or in pet shops)

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thankyou for that. i will try the diet with the probiotics and see if she responds to that.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
no thankyou.

Excellent :)