Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My is 17 &1/2 years old and has started having seizures

Customer Question

Hi my jack Russell is 17 &1/2 years old and has started having seizures overnight I have tried to get treatment through PDSA buy am not eligible and due to this pandemic am not in a position to pay vet bills is there anything I can do to help him I don't want him to suffer any more
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Russell?
Customer: His name is ***** *****'s a jack Russell other than the fact he's having seizures no
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 11 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 11 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. If he is still having seizures today then it is very important that he is seen by a vet as soon as possible, sadly given his age, a serious cause of the seizures is highly likely. Given your financial concerns, his condition and age, sadly it may be time to consider having him put to sleep. If this is the case, your vet will be able to go this for you without payment upfront as his condition is a welfare concern. I know that may not be the issue you were looking for, but it lsound like he would be the best thing to do for him.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there any funding or vets that u can recommend that can do this in Bridgend
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 11 days ago.

Any Vet would be able to provide this service, so I suggest contacting you own vet in the first instance

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

How is your dog doing now?