Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

She is 10 days pregnant, developed an abcess on her vulve

Customer Question

She is 10 days pregnant, developed an abcess on her vulve shucks we are treating with antibiotics (day3) but this last 24 hours has developed abdominal pain and vomiting bile. No distension
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Fit and otherwise healthy. No GI problems previously
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Which not shucks
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
She is a 6 Yr old boxer
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I am not happy waiting. I have been waiting 9 hours already
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 9 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for your patience. Sorry to hear this, could you tell me if she remains bright in herself? Do her gums appear pink and moist to the touch? Any vulval discharge?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
she is although tired today. Gums pink and no discharge
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am thinking it's the antibiotics as it's all coincided with that. Clavaseptin 500
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 9 days ago.

Yes upset stomach can be a side effect of that type of antibiotic, this can be helped by feeding a bland diet such as boiled chicken/white rice/white fish etc in small amounts little and often over the next few days. This should quickly resolve when the course has finished. If symptoms persist or worsen then she will need to see a vet for full examination and to rule out any more concerning causes.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 9 days ago.

You're welcome. Best wishes