Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My Frenchie is having really bad red eye especially in the

Customer Question

hi! my Frenchie is having really bad red eye especially in the corners of her eyes- she's 5 months old and I started using an eye dropper pets from amazon to treat it but I don't know if I'm making it worse. help!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the amazon?
Customer: my Frenchie has red inner corners of her eyes and tends to look off a lot an it looks very irritated
JA: Where does the amazon seem to hurt?
Customer: eyes
JA: OK. What is the amazon's name?
Customer: its a French bulldog named meatball
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the amazon?
Customer: no
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. Could you send me a picture of the eyes showing the problem you are seeing?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It’s the inner corners they seem very inflamed and irritated
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 4 days ago.

OK. This is likely an allergic conjunctivitis. Bathing the eyes with lightly salted water in return from walks can help. You can also try using Optichrom eyedrops (sodium chromoglycate) 2-3 times daily. If symptoms do not improve then a steroid based eyedrop from your vet may be more suitable at alleviating symptoms.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.