How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chris Your Own Question
Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 1839
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr Chris is online now

My Frenchie is having really bad red eye especially in the

Customer Question

hi! my Frenchie is having really bad red eye especially in the corners of her eyes- she's 5 months old and I started using an eye dropper pets from amazon to treat it but I don't know if I'm making it worse. help!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the amazon?
Customer: my Frenchie has red inner corners of her eyes and tends to look off a lot an it looks very irritated
JA: Where does the amazon seem to hurt?
Customer: eyes
JA: OK. What is the amazon's name?
Customer: its a French bulldog named meatball
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the amazon?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. Could you send me a picture of the eyes showing the problem you are seeing?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It’s the inner corners they seem very inflamed and irritated
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 4 days ago.

OK. This is likely an allergic conjunctivitis. Bathing the eyes with lightly salted water in return from walks can help. You can also try using Optichrom eyedrops (sodium chromoglycate) 2-3 times daily. If symptoms do not improve then a steroid based eyedrop from your vet may be more suitable at alleviating symptoms.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.