Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My staffy was sick this morning bile, she went a toilet

Customer Question

My staffy was sick this morning white bile, she went a toilet everything fine she had breakfast OK and seemed fine but after her lunch she's been sick all food and whinning
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cherry she's 18 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cherry?
Customer: She was being treated for a yeast infection in her ear but all medication has finished
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 12 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.
I'm sorry to hear Cherry is unwell.
Has she been spayed (neutered)?
Is she on any medicine?
Any change in diet or any chance she has eaten something she shouldn't have?
I just saw the ear drops message. To confirm regarding the medicine, she only had drops not tablets and she has finished them? Is the ear infection now gone?)
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 11 days ago.

Good evening. Without further information it is tricky for me to provide the best answer but I will try my best to offer some useful advice. Please do feel free to respond with any updates or further questions and we can continue the conversation.

Vomiting and whining is not uncommon in a young dog and can have a number of causes including a viral infection, eating something they shouldn't, a gut obstruction, parasites etc.

I would want to ensure her abdomen is not bloated and her gums are pink and wert.

To settle her stomach, bland, small meals of chicken and rice mixed with warm water can be offered. I would also ensure she is up to date with a good quality wormer such as panacur. Check both the home and garden for any potential toxins such as rat bait or lawn feed.

It would be important to verify the ear infection has resolved as an inner ear infection could potentially cause dizziness which could lead to nausea and vomiting.