Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog Lola willow had a upset stomach on Sunday ,she is now

Hi my dog Lola willow had a upset stomach on Sunday ,she is now tired not interested in playing she's drinking,eating a little
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Lola willow just over 16months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?
Customer: She had a phantom pregnancy just over a month ago followed by mastits,going by the date she had she first season she is about 3 weeks away from coming into her 2nd season
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda
I'm sorry to hear she is not herself.
Has she had any vomiting or diarrhoea in the last 24 hours?
Are her gums pink and wet?
Any discharge from her vulva?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
She had diarrhoea on Sunday little bits all day nothing at all yesterday loose poo this morning guns look like normal to me ,no discharge
Thank you for this additional information.
The main worry with diarrhoea is that dogs can become quickly dehydrated so do ensure her gums stay wet and that she is drinking. You can encourage eating by offering small meals of boiled white chicken and rice.
I would want to ensure that she is up to date with a good quality wormer such as Panacur.
I would also start her on a probiotic anti diarrhoea paste such as protexin prokolin which can be purchased online or from a pet shop.
Diarrhoea can have many causes in young dogs including an infection, parasites, eating something that shouldnt have etc. She should improve daily and we should keep a close eye.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you
Not at all and please feel free to keep me updated and to ask any further questions you may have.