retnev
retnev, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  All dog and cat Veterinary questions and problems.Interest in Surgery
61759096

My 7 month old collie puppy has had sickness and watery

My 7 month old collie puppy has had sickness and watery daiarreha for 24 hours now. I gave her scrambled egg for tea and she was eating grass and that has come up this morning. Should I take her to a vets . We are in holiday in Scotland?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?
Customer: connie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Connie?
Customer: We were in the beach yesterday morning and she probably had some sea water

Welcome, my name is***** am a BVSc-graduate of Vet School, with 15 years experience of Medicine and Surgery. It is my privilege to attend to your question shortly.

• Thank you for the question about Connie.

• Yes the sea water can certainly cause this. Other common cause is an imbalance in the intestinal flora, this is especially common in pups as they eat weird things.

• I would say if she isn't too lethargic and not continually nauseous you can try and treat this yourself.

• I like to put them onto a good probiotic like Fortiflora, and an anti-diarrhoea medication like Diagel. You could ask for these medications at a local vet shop.

• Some boiled chicken will also help to settle the tummy a bit. Small portions offered a few times during the day.