Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

I noticed a new round formation in the corner of my dog’s

Hello! I noticed a new round formation in the corner of my dog’s mouth. I would like a vet’s opinion on this. I can upload couple photos.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.
What age is your dog?
How long has the growth been there?
A photo would be great please.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi! The age is 9 months. I only noticed the growth today, so it cannot have been older than very few days.
The photos ar attached.
Thanks so much
for these clear photos.
This appears to be a papilloma or wart.
Yout dog may well have caught it from another dog and, in turn, could now pass it on.
They are very common at this age and nothing to worry about. They should resolve naturally with time.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks. I have other 3 dogs aged 2-3.5 yrs. If they catch it, would it be an issue at their age?
Typically by this age they will be immune and actually it would be unusual for then to catch it. If they did, it wouldn't pose any specific risk, no.
In rare cases dogs will develop a lot or the wart(s) may become infected and bleed; only then might we consider treatment such as surgical removal or cryotherapy. The vast majority just disappear by themselves.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. That puts my mind at ease. That should be all.
Happy to help!
Thank you for the kind accept and bonus; much appreciated! Have a lovely day.