Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My dog keeps, gagging but not all the time after he been

Customer Question

Hi my dog keeps, gagging but not all the time after he been relaxed and a runny nose
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Has the dog been eating and drinking normally? Have you taken his temperature?
Customer: Yeah he drinking loads and eating
JA: When did this congestion start? Has the dog been licking or scratching his skin as well?
Customer: Yes he as, actually been licking and, scratching
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Raven age 1yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No I just want advice with his gagging it sounds like a sore throat because after he barks he gags too
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 9 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 9 days ago.

Sorry to hear of this issue with Ravan. Given the symptoms you describe, upper respiratory tract infection/inflammation is possible such as we might see with kennel cough or other viral infection for example. In this case symptoms should be self limiting over 5-7 days, a course of prescription antiinflamamtory medication often can help ease symptoms. If signs persist then a veterinary examination is going to be necessary to help narrow down the course of the problem and determine the next step of investigation and treatment.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.