Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Post op appitite wont eat 2 days always been picky eater

Customer Question

post op appitite wont eat 2 days always been picky eater what can I give to stimulate eating
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the dog also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: no
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no she had a full dental with 5 extractions Iwould just like her to eat
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Ruby
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: mini dachund 6years old
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
would really like to speak to vet

Good morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and would like to help.

Due to the nature of this venue, I cannot diagnose or prescribe but can offer advise and possible home remedies where appropriate. The website will offer a phone call but I cannot make phone calls at this time but am happy to help.

I am so sorry that sweet Rubie is not feeling well. Most likely she is still in some discomfort from the extractions during her dental or feeling nauseous from the anesthesia. Often, giving Rubie Pepcid AC 10 mg every 8 hrs will decrease any feeling of nausea that may cause this lack of appetite. Many people recommend trying rotisserie chicken from your grocery store which is very aromatic and may tempt Rubie ....I have other tips but if you would prefer to speak, I am unable to make phone calls. Let me know if you would prefer a call and I will opt out.

Please let me know how Rubie is doing and if I can answer any other questions.

Sincerely, ***** *****