Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

She has been unwell for a couple of weeks. First it started

She has been unwell for a couple of weeks. First it started with her acting as if she could not hear us then she got an eye in infection on the same side. she now appears very lethalgic for last couple of days and is not eating her food and only had a few sips to drink.
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: she has wimpered on a few occasions but for no apparent reason.
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** and she is 13years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Purdy?
Customer: I can't think of anything.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Sorry to hear this. Has she been in any medication for the eye infection? Did your vet examine her ears at all? Was anything else abnormal found when she was examined or any blood tests performed?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
To be honest I had some ear drops that were still in date so used them and eye cleared it's self so didn't go to vets.

OK I see. Well a veterinary examination certainly would be the first step. With loss of hearing I would worry about a middle ear problem, this cihkd suggest a ruptured ear drum, so we must be careful what ear drops we put in the ear as some are toxic to the middle ear and can cause deafness and balance issues.

Potentially some further tests such as a blood test may be needed depending on physical examination findings.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

I see you have requested a phonecall, it seems there was a payment failure. If you still require a call I can call in a short while.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
there seems to be a problem with the phone call I have tried 2 Visa cards and still failed

Sorry about that. I can continue to answer any further questions you have here

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How much would it cost for blood tests etc. it is my daughter's dog and she is registered to the the PDSA IN NOTTINGHAM

Difficult to say exactly I'm afraid as all vets set their own prices. Generally a blood test will be between £60 and £150. Consultations are typically £30-40 depending on the practice.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I think I need to speak to her and perhaps contact the PDSA AGAIN. Thank you for your advice.

You're welcome. Best wishes

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Dr Chris was helpful with my enquiry . However we could not have a one to one phonecall so I was unable to resolve my problem. I have sent an email cancelling my subscription because it will be to expensive. So unfortunately I will not be able to continue. Dr Chris was very helpful with advice through messaging but I can not message to good.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sure customer services will be in touch regarding your membership question. Best wishes.