Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

My dog has eaten clingfilm, Tiffin 8, Beagle

my dog has eaten clingfilm
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Tiffin 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tiffin?
Customer: Beagle

This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help.

How much did Tiffin eat?

How long ago did this happen
How is Tiffin acting now and how much does he weigh?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
about a square foot
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
about 10 minutes
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
she is fine and weighs 13kg

It's possible that the cling film will pass on it's own without a problem but the safest option is to see if we can get her to vomit it up. The best option would be to take her to a veterinary clinic so that they can give her an injection to vomit. If that is not possible then you can give 2 tablespoons of 3% hydrogen peroxide to make her vomit. This should be done in the next 30 minutes or so to be successful. After that the cling film may pass beyond the point where vomiting will help. If she never vomits then start giving her canned pumpkin with her meals for the next few days. 2 Tablespoons with each meals is enough. The fiber will help move the film through. If she develops belly pain, vomiting, lethargy or lack of appetite over the next few days then that may mean an intestinal blockage that will require a veterinary visit and possibly surgery. If you have more questions please reply back.