Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

He looks like he’s a fit and not come out of it, 15 year old

He looks like he’s a fit and not come out of it
JA: What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 15 year old male Yorkshire terrier
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the Yorkshire Terrier's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: Happened early hours he cried out and fell off bed then seemed to have clusters of fits but he hasn’t returned to normal self never happened before
JA: Have you seen a vet yet about the fall?
Customer: No it’s sunday
JA: Did he bleed at all from the fall?
Customer: He fell because he was fitting
JA: What's the Yorkshire Terrier's name?
Customer: Ned
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: He’s crying and when I try to move him he seems to fit again he’s all stiff and he’s head goes back
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi can you tell me if he’s suffering if so I’ll get vet to come out
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello?

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Given the symptoms your describe I would certainly recommend getting him seen by your vet today. I would not wait until Monday. A sudden onset seizure which he is not recovering from could be quite serious and lead to a prolonged state of seizure which could cause him to pass away if left untreated. If you call your vets usual number they will be able to put you through to their on call vet or out of hours service.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Feel free to keep me updated.