DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs exp. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice.
20798050

I think she has swallowed a sponge, Tilly and she is 9

Customer Question

I think she has swallowed a sponge
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tilly and she is 9 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tilly?
Customer: She's in season
Category: Dog
Expert:  DocPaul replied 21 days ago.

Hello there. I am Dr.Paul Brazzell, and I will be helping you today.

I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you.

Talking by phone allows me to give a more accurate and rapid assessment of the problem. The more information I have, the better the job I can do.

Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 21 days ago.

Good morning!

Do you see any signs now?

Expert:  DocPaul replied 21 days ago.

Without the information I requested, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. I would recommend taking Tilly in for an examination and abdominal X-rays. We need to know where the sponge is located, the size of the piece(s), and whether there is a gastrointestinal blockage. Treatment can then be based on the findings. I hope that you are comfortable with my recommendations. Please let me know if you have more questions.