Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

He has not had his yearly jab plus he keeps shaking his head

Customer Question

He has not had his yearly jab plus he keeps shaking his head ears are bad also nails need clipinf
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did this shaking start? Have you noticed any coughing, limping, or drooling as well?
Customer: Shaking the morning after his walk
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Solly think he is 7
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Apart what I said earlier yearly booster
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 24 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 24 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear this, could you tell me if his ears look red or sore? If possible could you send me a picture of his ears?

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 22 days ago.

Without any further information, I can only provide a very generalised answer. It sounds like your dog may be experiencing an ear infection (otitis externa). This may be bacterial and/or fungal in nature. He most likely requires prescription treatment from your vet to address this after the ears have been assessed to establish ear drum integrity and possibly swab the ears to establish the cause of the infection in order to prescribe the correct medication. If the ears are badly inflamed then an oral medication such as a steroid may be needed.

Underlying conditions such as food allergy, environmental allergy or hormonal disorders may need to be investigated and corrected if this is a repeat occurance.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Best wishes.