Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My pet takes life time allergy pills and we've run out. I

Customer Question

Hi. My pet takes life time allergy pills and we've run out. I can't reach the phone line to re order the prescription. She has a skin condition and we really need her pills
JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: My dog She's registered with pdsa Lioness
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: Her name and situation is on your system. My name is***** She's a Chow chow dog named Lioness. My address is M27 6PN
JA: How old is Mehran?
Customer: The dog owner or the dog
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Just that we're out of medication
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 21 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi never mind
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 21 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. Assuming that the medication your cat is receiving is a prescription medication such as prednisone, this would need to be ordered from your regular veterinary surgery. Unfortunately UK law prohibits the online prescribing of veterinary medicines.

I would suggest to keep trying to get hold of your practice, as most veterinary practices are still providing a normal service level during the pandemic.

If there is any delay in obtaining her medication, then you can give her certirazine 10mg - Half a tablet (5mg) once daily, to prevent her skin condition getting out of control.

We may also be able to reduce her dose a little to make your existing medication last longer if you still have any left?

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.