MichaelD1217
MichaelD1217, Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
111024629

I have a 4,5months old fox terrier. She didn't really sleep

Hello, I have a 4,5months old fox terrier. She didn't really sleep last night with new year and everything, and she also might have stolen a chicken nugget or two from the table. The thing is that she doesn't usually drink too much water but in the morning she drunk two pots, which I would say equals a while mug, she did eat but very very little, her breaths were very short and fast all morning, seemed to slown down now, but she is not as lively as normal. She's a puppy so usually more playful and jumpy
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. I know breathing problems can certainly be worrying. Does the Terrier have a cough as well?
Customer: No cough
JA: What's the Terrier's name?
Customer: Rona
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Hello. I am Michael. One of the vets
I’m so sorry to hear you and Rona are having issues
The excess drinking could be the result of something as simple as the chicken nuggets being high in salt for example.
Have you noticed this before? Or is this the first time? Have you noticed and increase in urination?
No signs of pain or discomfort at all? No vomiting or diarrhoea?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yesterday she vomited, twice

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope

Ok...and how is her breathing now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She's not panting anymore. I can't see any pain, touched her belly gently, she doesn't appear to be in pain, just noises from her atomach, probably because she hasn't really eaten. She normally urinates every 2-3 hours which we assumed it's ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't say for sure she hasn't eaten anything out in the field where she runs. I am afraid it might have been something bad for her

That is really good to hear. Young dogs are can be easily upset and it doesn't take much to knock them off form. Provided Rona is still bright and alert I would monitor her closely for the next 12-24 hours. If at any stage she shows signs of being more quiet, continues to vomit or starts diarrhoea I would suggest you arrange an appointment with your local veterinary clinic to have her thoroughly examined.

Puppies can become dehydrated very easily and vomitting/diarrhoea etc can cause that so provided she is drinking and is otherwise normal keep a close eye and if you are worried you can check back with us and we will offer some advice however, with these cases its very difficult to give you an exact answer without examining her.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I understand. Thank you

Thank you and I hope you have a great weekend