MichaelD1217
MichaelD1217, Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
111024629

I’ve just looked at my dogs bonking pillow & it’s got quiet

I’ve just looked at my dogs bonking pillow & it’s got quiet a bit of blood marks on it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: he is a bit quieter than normal, as in he isn’t eating the bits left on my plate straight a way & just seems but he does eat everything even if not given & hes 4 years old.
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the dog also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: He’s trying to play with my other dog but she said no. So he’s come to me bless him. He’s always a tired dog so no worries there.
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: I’ve just been touching his tummy & he’s not crying because he is a baby if there is something he does let you know. He seems ok.
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: casper
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: he hasn’t been castrated yet
Good afternoon I am Michael one of the vets. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
How is Casper now? Any improvement in his demeanor?
Hve you noticed any bleeding from his penis?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No but I’ve not looked to be Honest. He has be going out as normal.

Ok that's fine...is Casper mounting the pillow more frequently than normal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No he hasn’t done it in a while then he got it from behind the sofa & mounted it earlier.

Thank you for this information. Given the short duration of Casper's reduced appetite I wouldn't be overly concerned at this stage. However, should that continue or you notice any vomiting or diarrhoea I would encourage you to have Casper examined at your local veterinary clinic. With regards ***** ***** potential bleeding from the penis it may well be that Casper has cause some mild trauma to the end of it resulting in this blood. But as above I would not panic at this stage.

I would suggest you monitor Casper closely over the next 12-24 hours and should the symptoms still persist or if they deteriorate at any stage before then a consultation with your local veterinary clinic would be advisable.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thankyou very much. I will do that. Thankyou for your help.

No problem and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He’s having a drink of water now. I hope you have one too.

:)