Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My dog has been vomiting for a couple of days now, he

Customer Question

Hi, my dog has been vomiting for a couple of days now, he doesn't seem too out of sorts but just wondered if I should see a vet
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: Bright yellow and foamy as of this morning, yesterday brought up some food
JA: Could he have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: Potentially, I gave him a collagen treat several days ago but not sure if that's the cause
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Otto
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: He can be reactive with strangers
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 12 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Dr Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 12 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Otto. Indeed vomiting which persists for more than 24hrs should prompt a visit to the vets for a physical examination which may help to narrow down the cause and help to exclude anything more serious going on. Possible causes include gastritis, pancreatitis, a foreign body/obstruction etc. An appropriate course of treatment and any necessary investigations can then be discussed after he has been examined.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your reply, I will contact the vet practice
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 12 days ago.

You're welcome. Best wishes