Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

Dear Doctor. My Yorkshire Terrier 6month has two moral

Customer Question

Dear Doctor. My Yorkshire Terrier 6month has two moral teeth. Do you think it is abnormal and need to be taken out one of them? I am be concerning....Many thanks. Kind regards Bon
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 15 days ago.

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

The excellent photo reveals retention of a deciduous (baby) maxillary canine tooth. It should be removed which can be done at the same time she's spayed if you're entertaining having that done. If not removed, it will cause abnormal positioning of the adult canine tooth and food/debris will become trapped between the teeth.

Please respond with additional questions and concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Many thanks Doctor. Just wondering do you recommend to go to Vet? We are not sure which tooth should been taken out....

...The baby one - the thinner, pointier one...you can give Tilly another month to see if that tooth will fall out unaided but it doesn't, please have the vet remove it.

Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you so much fornyour advice...

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.