Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

My little puppy had some Lamb in eyes Like style, My dog

Customer Question

JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: My little puppy had some Lamb in eyes Like style
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the puppy's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: My dog have a red lamb in top eyes
JA: Does the puppy have any allergies?
Customer: I'm not sure.
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: My dog have a red lamb in top eyes
Category: Dog
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 16 days ago.

Hello, you're through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.

Hopefully I can help today.

Does Bella have a lump?

Could you please send a photo for me to assess?

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

A new lump in or near the eye needs to be examined by a vet in case it is scratching the cornea as it may cause an ulcer or infection.

Potential causes would include a blocked gland, cyst, foreign body reaction or insect sting.

If there is discharge, this can be cleaned with cotton wool and saline.

If he is rubbing, protect the eye from damage by using a buster collar.

Hopefully he can  be seen soon and please feel free to keep me updated.

Take Care,

Linda.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (MQSZVZ5)
Thank you for this photo.The photo is quite dark and unclear which makes it difficult to assess fully.Can I confirm her eye is watery and she is squinting?Has she been rubbing or scratching at her eye?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Please check if you can see now please?
I can see the photo, I'm just explaining that it is difficult to see the eye itself due to the dark pupil and fur.Were you able to see my questions above?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
she have all syntomas
Ok, thank you.I am just typing my full reply
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That's OK.
But I'm worried
I understand your concern, it's never nice when there is something going on with our pets.Bella's eye looks uncomfortable and there is definitely something going on.I actually don't think she has a lump per se, I think the rubbing had caused fur loss and inflammation which looks like a lump.There are a few possibilities including a bacterial infection, eye ulcer, entropion (when the eyelid curls in), foreign body etc.She does need to see a vet ASAP so we can have her eye examined and determine what is going on.The vet will check the eye and will likely stain it for any ulcers.Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include anti inflammatories and antibiotic eye drops.For now, use cotton wool and warm water to gently clena the eye. It is important she doesn't rub so use a buster collar to protect her eye from damage.I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions,Take care,Linda.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Isto aconteceu ontem depois que level ela para fazer o Trimmimg, foi a propria mulher que me mostrou. Estou colocando algodão e agua morna. Hoje de manha saiu um pouco de sangue r diminuiu o lamb. Mais agora ela esta muito irritada quando vai pegar ela e o olho tambem esta discharge. Nao sabia o que fazer tem 2,5ml de paracetamol and ibuprofen. Agora que li que nao pode dai isso para dogs.
É verdade, por favor não da.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Now I need wait tomorrow to do something?
Are you can do anything online or video call?
The scissors may have nicked her skin when she was being groomed or she may have gotten some shampoo in her eye, or developed an infection from the equipment.Please DO NOT give human medicine. This is not the best thing for her and could be dangerous.If very concerned and you think she is in pain or distressed, you could go to an emergency vet tonight. However, you should be OK to wait and bring her to your vet tomorrow morning.No prescription medicine can be given online, no. She needs to see a vet in person who can examine and stain her eye.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That's fine she sleep now...
I will go tomorrow.
Thanks so much for help me..
Not at all, very happy to help!