Dr L Simmon
Dr L Simmon, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian MVB MRCVS
103237793

She was at the groomers on thrusday and my dog not been

Customer Question

She was at the groomers on thrusday and my dog not been right been very quite and today she is shaking a lot
JA: I'll do all I can to help. In addition to the shaking, have you noticed any coughing, limping, or drooling?
Customer: No but she really off
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Moo Moo and she be six next month
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No just doesn't look right
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When I stoke moo she would yelp but can't see any cuts not yelp now for a few days
Expert:  Dr L Simmon replied 13 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm so sorry to hear Moo Moo is not herself and appreciate your concern.Do you know if the groomer plucked her ears or expressed her anal glands?Any other symptoms such as vomiting, excessive thirst or slow walking?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Slow walking and drinking a lot
Thank you.Has she been spayed?Any change in urination?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
poo normal
Thank you.Her signs of shaking, lethargy and increased thirst are a concern.Potential causes could include Addisons disease (a hormonal disorder), kidney disease or pancreatitis.The stress of the groomer could be the inciting cause or it may be a coincidence.A vet check is best and I would go today if you can.They will examine her and may run some tests such as a blood test and abdominal scan. They will check for a source of pain and fever.Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and anti inflammatories.Hopefully she is on the mend very soon as I appreciate this must be a real worry for you.
I'm just checking in to ensure this is all OK? If there is anything else, please just let me know.